Scrambled eggs are the perfect way to start the day. Although easy to cook, they can be tricky to perfect - neither too dry nor too undercooked.
Eggs should never be too complicated but are definitely best served up with a little something extra on the side - bacon, avocado, salmon, mushrooms...
Today's recipe will include prosciutto ham, chives and parmesan and of course the creamy scrambled eggs.
If you are unsure of how to make the perfect scrambled eggs I highly recommend this video from Gordon Ramsay; quick and straight forward.
You will need (to make enough for two):
- Six free range eggs
- Butter (one spoon) and crème fraiche (one spoon)
- Four slices of prosciutto ham
- chives (if you want)
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Sourdough bread
1. Melt the butter in the pan
2. In the meantime mix together the eggs but not too much. Avoid putting in the salt in the mixture as this will just break down the eggs and make them 'wattery'
3. Once the butter is melted and starts to bubble, add the eggs to the pan
4. The secret to the perfect scrambled eggs it to take them off the heat and put them back on the heat - three or four times while continuing to stir. Take them off the heat just before you think they are ready and look like they still need some cooking time. They will continue to cook whilst you stir and serve
5. Once off the heat add a spoon of cream to make them extra creamy and cooling them down at the same time. Now is the perfect time to add the salt and pepper
6. And voilà, serve the eggs onto the plates, add the prosciutto and sprinkle with parmesan, add the chives if you wish
7. Serve with a couple of slices of Sourdough bread - the best kind of bread for eggs