This is one super easy recipe that will take you less than 10 minutes to prepare and there are practically no cooking skills needed. It is also a nice fresh and healthy option that I have made on numerous occasion and that has been concocted by none other than Jamie Oliver.
The salad's core components are ripe figs, creamy mozzarella and salty parma ham. The season for figs are coming up very soon (May to August) thus this will make for the perfect summer salad.
YOU WILL NEED (TO MAKE ENOUGH FOR TWO):
- 8 ripe figs (preferably Italian or Greek figs)
- 8 slices of parma ham
- One large piece of buffalo mozzarella
- Fresh Basil
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
1. Start by criss-crossing the figs half way (see above). Then, push the base of the fig to expose the inside of the fruit and place on the plate. This really does allow your dressing to make its way right to the centre of the figs.
2. Add the fours slices of parma ham around each fig and throw in the ripped slices of buffalo mozzarella (see above). Add the basil.
3. Now on to the dressing (you are nearly finished - I told you this was a quick one). Mix together the six tablespoons of olive oil, three tablespoons of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey, some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Drizzle the dressing all over the figs, parma ham and mozzarella. If you feel up for it you can even add some balsamic oil to the mix.