You will need (to make enough for 14 large cookies):
- 125 g Butter
- 110 g white sugar
- 110 g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or 2x tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 260 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g chocolate, chips (or white chocolate, dried cranberries...)
1. Place butter, sugars and vanilla in TM bowl. Cream together for 1 minute on speed 3-4.
2. Add your egg to the mix through mix on speed 3-4 for another 45 seconds.
3. Now add flour and salt, knead (the little wheat symbol). I added a 100 g and kneaded for 40 seconds, then added another 100 g and kneaded for another 40 seconds and then added the last 60 g and mixed for 30 seconds. Make sure you scrap the bowl with the spatula to get all teh flower mixed in well.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix them in with TM spatula.
5. For large cookies, drop tablespoons of mixture on trays, press down a little (leaving room for the cookies to grow - I tend to do 5 at a time).
6. Bake your cookies at 180 for 13-15 minutes until lightly golden.
This is a Thermomix recipe. However, you can do this recipe without using the Thermomix.
Original recipe found here.