YOU WILL NEED (TO MAKE ENOUGH FOR TWO):
- One bramley apple - peeled and cut into chunks
- 150g fresh cranberries
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- Greek yogurt
- Granola and maple syrup for topings
This is a super easy recipe and makes for a delicious and healthy breakfast. I used ingredients I had left over from Christmas and New Year's eve. Your sauce can also be used to be served with different meats.
1. Add all the ingredients in a saucepan, squeeze the juice from half an orange (optional) and add a splash of water. Put the pan on the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the cranberries have burst and the apple has softened.
1 bis. For those of you using the Thermomix; simply place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook for 8 min/100C/speed 2. Then chop for 10 sec/speed 6.
2. Boil down until the mixture thickens slightly, then take off the heat and leave to cool.
3. In individual little pots, add one 1/4 cup yogurt layer and layer with 1/4 cup cranberry sauce and repeat.
4. Heat some granola in a pan with a good drizzle of maple syrup until caramelised and add as toping.