When you start making potato salads you know summer is very close. A great side dish for the BBQ season - think meats such as Salmon, chicken, sausages... or simply a great stand-alone salad.
This recipe is quick and easy and allows for various variations by adding (or even taking out if you insist) ingredients such as the cucumber or spring onion. You could add tomatoes, green beans, corn...
You will need the following ingredients (enough for four):
- 500g of baby (nor new) potatoes
- Two tablespoons of crème fraîche
- One tablespoon of mayonnaise
- One full red onion, finely chopped
- A quarter of a cucumber (or any other greens)
- Four spring onions
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to desired taste
1. Boil the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted and boiling water. Leave potatoes to boil for approximately 15 minutes. You will know they are ready when the potatoes slide of the fork once pricked.
2. While you potatoes are cooking finely chop all the remaining ingredients - cucumber, onion, spring onion, chives - and mix together.
3. Gently mix in the crème fraîche and the mayonnaise,
4. When potatoes are ready, drain them and allow to cool. Then carefully stir in the potatoes to the mix. Season to taste and enjoy.